Denver Estate Planning Firm
It’s a common belief that estate planning is only for the very wealthy. We associate these people with huge mansions, multiple properties or assets, and high net worth whose children enjoy large trust funds. While these people can certainly benefit from comprehensive estate planning, so can anyone with any assets they wish to pass on, no matter how small their “estate” may be. Furthermore, estate planning can involve much more than a will and take care of many issues from tax planning to business succession planning, and more.
At The Osterman Law Firm, we are well-versed in all aspects of estate planning to meet the needs of our clients. You and your family differ from every other one with your own particular needs, goals, and desires. That is why we can devise a well-prepared estate plan that is tailored to you and what you wish to accomplish in preserving your wealth, passing on your legacy, and having safeguards in place to manage such contingencies as incapacitation. We are here to put together the estate plan that works distinctly for you and to keep it current as your circumstances and needs change.
What is Estate Planning?
Your estate is everything you own. Which includes your home, car, bank accounts, possessions, furniture, life insurance, investments, other real estate and more.
Estate planning law is the area of law that protects and manages your estate. It can include arrangements for disability, long-term care, funeral expenses, financial affairs, transfer of your business, guardianship, conservatorship, inheritance, special needs planning, and more.
Lewis was great to work with.
“I would definitely recommend using Osterman law firm for your estate planning needs.”
David Osterman prepared our estate plan and did an exemplary job.
“I recommend him without reservation.”
Lewis provided great assistance in getting out estate plan documents completed.
“Lewis answered my questions in a way that gave me the assurance his firm understood my requirements.”
Dave and Lewis are terrific to work with.
“They made what could have been a really depressing topic (estate planning!) actually kind of fun!”
David Osterman at the Osterman Law Firm is amazing.
“We worked with David 17 years ago for the first time and just recently updated all of our documents. It was joy to work with him on both occasions.”
Estate planning involves many different types of legal methods and devices that can be used for various purposes. While you may think that it is mainly comprised of a will, many other legal tools can be used to cover your needs and give you many benefits.
Our Denver Estate Planning Services
Our firm can help you create a comprehensive estate plan that involves the following:
- Powers of attorney
- Advance directives
- Digital asset management
- Estate and trust administration
- Probate administration
- Probate alternatives
- Business succession planning
- Family partnerships
- Wealth preservation
The use of the above separately or in combination with one another can provide you with many benefits.
These can include:
- Your family is provided for after you are gone. Without an estate plan, your estate may be held up in probate for an extended period. This will mean your heirs receive less in the form of assets while the probate court decides how your estate should be distributed. Without financial resources that could go on for months, your family could face crippling monetary duress, especially should they be faced with your medical expenses or funeral and burial costs.
- Your minor children will be taken care of by guardians of your choice. The estate you leave them will also be managed for them by someone you trust who has been named to do the job.
- Expenses, such as attorneys fees and court costs, can be reduced.
- Your family will not have to make decisions on your behalf for which they are unprepared at a time they may be experiencing stress and loss. These can include medical decisions, how assets and belongings should be distributed, and more.
- A proper estate plan can result in a reduction in taxes on your estate.
- Powers of Attorney can ensure that, should you become incapacitated, your medical decisions and financial matters will be taken care of according to your wishes.
- You can support your favorite charities and causes through estate planning
- You can ensure that your small business will continue to run smoothly should you pass away or become incapacitated through an orderly transition that you have set up in your estate plan.
- Estate plans can minimize or eliminate the probate process and its many delays, expenses, and loss of privacy.
Call The Osterman Law Firm for the Help You Need Today
Our team is ready to help you prepare and implement the estate plan that suits your needs and goals.
Call us today at (303) 500-8633 to book your free initial consultation to learn more about how our Denver based lawyers for estate planning can get you started.